Friday, August 27, 2010

First two days in Japan

I finally made it to Japan! The first day was exhausting and a true test of my speaking capabilities in Japanese, which I found are somewhat useless for navigating Japan. So no one ever told my Japanese teach that it would be useful to teach us what normal signs say and what to ask people when you are looking for the right train. I figured it out though figured it out though.

Last night we went out to a local restaurant and I got some fried rice and pot stickers. It was excellent. Today I had takoyaki for a snack. Takoyaki is basically a ball of batter with octopus and mayonnaise and some other things inside. Its a pretty awesome snack.

Earlier today we went to Osakajo which translates to Osaka castle. Its gigantic! Its basically a museum inside but the outside its really impressive. I stopped at a cup vending machine. You put money in, choose your drink and it dispenses a cup, then ice then if fills it to the brim. I was awed by it, needless to say.

Then we came back to the hostel and Dave showed up not to much later. We were mildly worried about whether he would make it or not, which if you know Dave that should make sense haha. That about sums up the past two days. I'll get some pictures going in a while, but I only have a few at the moment.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment